Page 3 of 5
Does Boronia Vet Clinic do DNA tests?
We do. The test we typically recommend works as follows:
- The owner brings their pet for a consultation. The limitations of the test are discussed and the best test is chosen. If a test is not performed a consultation fee is still applicable.
- The pet is scanned for a microchip and their microchip number recorded.
- A consent form is signed by the owner stating they understand the limitations of the test.
- A blood sample is taken.
- The submission form is signed and sent to the laboratory by the vet.
- Test results can take up to 3 weeks.
More details can be found on the DNA testing laboratory website.