The main contact person
To allow us to have the time to give all owners a detailed daily report and to ensure a consistent communication, we ask you to please nominate a family member to be the main contact person. This person can then communicate with the rest of the family.
Morning communication 7am – 9am
- During this time, the hospital vet and nurse will review all in-patients and the hospital vet will call all the nominated contact people with their daily update reports.
- This time is when we will discuss your pet's progress and the day's treatment plan. We will also routinely inform you of the current account total.
- On Sundays and Public holidays, incoming phone calls are not switched on until 9am. The hospital vet will still call you with an update report between 7 and 9am.
During the day
- Additional phone inquiries are usually taken by your hospital nurse. We remind owners that communication will be limited to the nominated contact person.
At the end of the hospital shift
- The hospital shift finishes between 2pm and 3pm. By this time a treatment plan will be set for your pet, which is overseen by the evening nurses.
- To keep communication consistent, we encourage all queries about your pets treatment plan to be directed only to your hospital vet and nurse.